1. how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together…..etc.
2. when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?
3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that… etc.
4. the ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!
5. engagement/bridal pictures: let’s see em!
6. the colors: show some of the flower and colors you used
7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!
12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
13. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? 😉 haha…jk.
14. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
15. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
16. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
17. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them 🙂 and any other thoughts
This is the most recent picture taken of us. It was taken two nights ago on our 6-month anniversary, which we spent eating hamburgers and fries at Angie’s and playing Monopoly Deal slumber-party style on our living room floor (slumber party style meaning with lots of pillows and blankets put down to cushion our bums). I think I lost every round but one. But we still had fun. Mostly because Matt is a good winner and doesn’t rub it in. I, on the other hand, well…my grandpa always said, “Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser.” And I guess that’s just always stuck.
It’s impossible to choose what I love most about Matt, but for the sake of choosing something, I’d say that I have to go with how peaceful he is. And I’m not just referring to the fact that we don’t fight and rarely have conflict—he’s just a very peaceful person to be around, very calm. Whenever I’m in his presence, I always feel more at ease and I just seem to get this vibe that no matter what, everything will be okay. I know that’s pretty abstract, but it’s very true. Even my sister once commented on it; she said to my mom (referring to Matt and I as a couple): “They’re just so peaceful together.” I think it’s one of the highest compliments anyone’s ever paid us.
There are other things I love about Matt too, of course, among which are his fish kisses (pretty much exactly what they sound like), his quickness to smile or make me laugh, his absolute diligence in doing his part on his schoolwork, his thoughtfulness, his little acts of kindness to me every day, his athleticism, his spirituality…okay, this might go on for awhile. Basically, I just love the guy. And that love grows stronger and stronger every day that we’re together.
Thanks so much, honey, for a wonderful first six months together!!
***Note: This is, indeed, the last of the Wedding Wednesday posts. But I have been brewing up some ideas of what I can replace this column with, and I’m really excited with what I’ve come up with. So stay tuned for next Wednesday!!