1. how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together…..etc.
2. when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?
3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that… etc.
4. the ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!
5. engagement/bridal pictures: let’s see em!
6. the colors: show some of the flower and colors you used
7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!
12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
13. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? 😉 haha…jk.
14. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
15. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
16. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
17. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them 🙂 and any other thoughts.
I already did a pretty big picture post all about our engagement pictures here, but I’ll include a couple more here just in case 🙂
We had my good friend Chelsee Hanna do our engagements, and we really loved how they turned out. The thing I liked the most about the session was that Chelsee didn’t over-direct us—we weren’t put into awkward poses or told to keep turning our chin more and more and more to the right or put back to back like we were by our bridal photographer (who I still loved, but who just had a very different take on some things). You all should ‘like’ Chelsee on facebook, cuz she’s seriously amazing. She did all the photography for our wedding day too. Here’s a few from that day (that I don’t think I’ve posted here before):
Then, my uber-talented father (check out his webpage here), who’s a calligrapher for Hallmark, designed our wedding invitations using Chelsee’s pictures. The announcements were one of my favorite things from our wedding!
A couple months later, we did our bridal/groomal session with BP Designer Portraits, whose facebook page can be found here. I didn’t have too hard of a time deciding whether or not to have Matt come with me, because I hate taking pictures with lots of people around and I didn’t want to do a lot of pictures on our actualy wedding day, so the choice to have Matt come along and do sort of a bridal/groomal thing (yes, they are actually called groomals) was an obvious one for me.
The day of our session was so windy and cold that we almost had to cancel and reschedule, but it was literally the only time we had that worked for both of us and the photographer (we took these over spring break, although it was hardly warm—it started snowing for about the last hour and neither of us could feel any of our limbs by the end). I have left out some of the more unfortunate poses we were put in (like of me attempting to climb an electric tower, of Matt’s head in my lap, and of Matt “sneaking up” behind me, even though we told the photographer we hated that pose). But, although there were some awkward shots, we definitely had plenty more that we really liked.
I have so many favorites from this session (which we shot in Salt Lake), but I’ll try and narrow it down to a few of my favorites:
Yes, that was, in fact, me narrowing it down to a few.
Well, if you’re not sick of looking at us yet, I guess you never will be. Happy Wednesday!