Hi! I’m Torrie, husband is Matt, kids are Raven, Mathias (muh-THIGH-us), and Hyrum, and this is my blog.
Many moms feel like their own dreams and goals have to take a backseat while raising their families, but since goal-setting and self-improvement have always been such a big part of my personality, I really didn’t want to feel like I “lost myself” when I became a mother. When my oldest (my daughter Raven) was born in 2015, I had to do a lot of trial and error when it came down to just how to go about balancing my baby’s needs with my own dreams, but slowly and surely, I started to figure out how to make it work.
I am currently a stay-at-home, self-employed mom of three who makes sure that my own goals and personal growth get prioritized along with giving my kids the best home environment I can, and I blog all about trying to find that balance. I’m definitely not always perfect at it, but since goal-setting is a form of self-care for me, I think it’s important enough to prioritize.
If you are looking to reignite your own passion for learning and goal-setting and get the motivation you need to be the best version of yourself that you can be while still providing a warm and nurturing environment at home, I hope you’ll join me here so that we can encourage each other in our pursuits!
Some quick stuff about me:
I used to teach Language Arts and Spanish to 7th graders (surely I should get some future halo for that, right?!) for four years before opting to stay at home with our kids.
I live in rural Central Utah in a small town, which has been a bit of a new experience for me. I’m a bit obsessive with all things reading, photography, self-improvement, frugality…basically, if it’s something that will make me a better or smarter human, I’m usually into it (except soccer–I’ve never been able to get into soccer).
Currently my days are spent chasing my kids and running my two part-time businesses: this ol’ blog right here, and the flower farm we started in March 2021 (where we grow and sell cut flowers locally). If you’re interested in hearing more about the flower farm, you can follow the Instagram page for that HERE, and you can also check out my other blog that’s more focused on homestead life and our flower farming journey.
Welcome to my corner of the Internet! I’m so glad you’re here!
P.S. I’d love for you to get in touch with me, whether it’s to give me some great book recommendations, introduce yourself, or ask me a question you might have! The quickest way is to email me at [email protected].
P. P. S. Do you want a quick way to follow the blog through your preferred medium? Here’s a list of where to find us on the Internet (click on the links to subscribe/follow!):
- To Love and To Learn official email list
- The email list is the only way to access the exclusive content I put out every month or two just for subscribers! In those emails, I send out personal stories, tips/strategies for self- or home-improvement, exclusive book lists not found on the blog, and more. Click here to subscribe! (Note: this does not give you automatic emails every time a post is published–that’s the RSS feed email feature listed just below!)
- To Love and To Learn RSS Feed
- If you prefer to get an email each time I publish something new, check out the opt-in form on the blog’s sidebar (where it says “Wanna never miss a post?”).
- Bloglovin is an awesome way to follow all your favorite blogs and to know every time a new post goes live! It’s what I personally use to follow my own personal favorites! 🙂
- All posts automatically sync to the blog’s Facebook page, and this is the only place where you can also find out as soon as I revise/update/improve any previously-published content!
- This is the most personal of all the social media platforms, as I’ll often share funny stories from our family life and pics of what we’ve been up to.
- Here’s where you can find some of the best and most popular content being shared from To Love and To Learn, as well as scads of other things that I find interesting (book lists, easy meals, lots of cookie recipes, home ideas, frugal tips, etc.).
- I post reviews on every book I finish, and I usually update what I’m currently reading pretty regularly on here too.
Necessary Legal Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. There are affiliate links in many of my blog posts, which means I may get a small commission on any purchases made through those links. As always, I only promote products I personally use and love, or that I would genuinely consider buying for myself, and you can always count on my reviews to be my honest opinion.