Welcome, Life of Bon readers! Supposedly, according to all the “blog tips” out there, I’m supposed to have some kind of introduction to myself whenever a new crop of readers comes through. Considering that I’m awkward enough for introductions in real life, I figured I’d spread the love and do an awkward introduction here on the blog.
So here you go—
5 Awkward Facts about Me (Torrie):
1. I had parasites for over a year while I lived in El Salvador, so I often make reference to my parasite babies while eating around strangers. (Note: my doctor assures me they’ve all been flushed out, in case you’re overly concerned for my gastrointestinal health.)
2. We currently have a massacre site right outside our door that’s been there for almost two months (ever since I took out the Raid Max and let the box elder bugs have it). Seriously, there are piles of red and black curled-up insect bodies all over the place, and I’m too wigged out by them to vacuum them up or sweep them off our porch.
3. I hate talking on the phone so much that I will often avoid making necessary phone calls (like to my doctor or dentist), and I’ll sometimes even avoid taking calls if I’m not in the mood to have awkward ten-minute conversations with people I don’t know well.
4. I own the movies Bride Wars, John Tucker Must Die, She’s the Man, and A Cinderella Story. And I LIKE them.
5. Little children kind of freak me out. While my husband is great with children and will go out of his way to make kids like him, I usually just ignore them after giving the obligatory, “Oh, he/she is so cute and has gotten so big!” to the parent. (This rule does not extend to babysitting, of course—I mean, I’m not HEARTLESS.)