Hi! I’m Torrie, husband is Matt, kids are Raven and Mathias (muh-THIGH-us), and this is my blog.
Many moms feel like their own dreams and goals have to take a backseat while raising their families, but it doesn’t have to be like that! I am a stay-at-home mom of two who makes sure that my own goals and personal growth get prioritized along with giving my kids the best home environment I can. My blog provides concrete strategies to not only help you streamline your time, finances, and energy so that all of the household management and childcare aspects of your life are easier, but it also provides tons of ideas and resources dedicated to making sure that you continue to work on your own learning and growth through reading great books, learning more about ways to build up your various skill sets (such as photography, cooking, or gardening), and setting (and reaching) high personal goals.
If you are looking to reignite your own passion for learning and goal-setting and get the motivation you need to be the best version of yourself that you can be, you’ve come to the right place!
Some quick stuff about me:
I used to teach Language Arts and Spanish to 7th graders (surely I should get some future halo for that, right?!) for four years before opting to stay at home with our kids.
I live in the suburbs of Northern Utah in a home we bought in 2017 (our first one!). I’m a bit obsessive with all things reading, photography, self-improvement, frugal…basically, if it’s something that will make me a better or smarter human, I’m usually into it (except soccer–I’ve never been able to get into soccer).
Currently my days are spent chasing my kids and running my two part-time businesses: this ol’ blog right here, and my photography business (Torrie Lynn Photography).
Welcome to my corner of the Internet! I’m so glad you’re here!
P.S. I’d love for you to get in touch with me, whether it’s to give me some great book recommendations, introduce yourself, or ask me a question you might have! The quickest way is to email me at email@example.com.
P. P. S. Do you want a quick way to follow the blog through your preferred medium? Here’s a list of where to find us on the Internet (click on the links to subscribe/follow!):
- To Love and To Learn official email list
- The email list is the only way to access the exclusive content I put out a few times a month just for subscribers! About every other week, I send out personal stories, tips/strategies for self- or home-improvement, exclusive book lists not found on the blog, and more. Click here to subscribe! (Note: this does not give you automatic emails every time a post is published–that’s the RSS feed email feature listed just below!)
- To Love and To Learn RSS Feed
- If you prefer to get an email each time I publish something new, check out the opt-in form on the blog’s sidebar (where it says “Wanna never miss a post?”).
- Bloglovin is an awesome way to follow all your favorite blogs and to know every time a new post goes live! It’s what I personally use to follow my own personal favorites! 🙂
- All posts automatically sync to the blog’s Facebook page, and this is the only place where you can also find out as soon as I revise/update/improve any previously-published content!
- This is the most personal of all the social media platforms, as I’ll often share funny stories from our family life and pics of what we’ve been up to.
- Here’s where you can find some of the best and most popular content being shared from To Love and To Learn, as well as scads of other things that I find interesting (book lists, easy meals, lots of cookie recipes, home ideas, frugal tips, etc.).
- I post reviews on every book I finish, and I usually update what I’m currently reading pretty regularly on here too.